Monday 16 September 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Blue Velvet by Bobby Vinton.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Vivre Sa Vie, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1963 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Richard Marx: Pop Singer.
- Richard Marx in Chicago: Illinois, USA; rocker ("Hold on to the Night").
- Yonca Evcimik: Turkish singer and actress.
- Garth Jax: NFL middle linebacker (Arizona Cardinals).
- WVAN TV channel 9 in Savannah, Georgia (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Malaysia is formed from the Federation of Malaya, Singapore, British North Borneo (Sabah) and Sarawak. However, Singapore soon leaves this new country,
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me
- The Beach Boys - Surfer Girl
- The Miracles - Mickey's Monkey
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?