Monday 16 September 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Harper Valley P.T.A. by Jeannie C. Riley.
In UK Hey Jude by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Charly, directed by Ralph Nelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1968!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1968 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Charles McRae: NFL guard / tackle (Tampa Bay Bucs).
- Tara Cross-Battle: Houston, Texas -- Volleyball hitter (1992, 96 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Walt Becker: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Tommy Keane: Irish footballer (d. 2012).
- Masaaki Uchino: Japanese actor.
- Marc Anthony: American singer
- KLNI (now KADN) TV channel 15 in Lafayette, LA (IND) begins
- Richard Nixon appears on Laugh-in
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Deep Purple - Hush
- The 1910 Fruitgum Company - 1,2,3 Red Light
- Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
- Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Fool On The Hill
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
- Aretha Franklin - The House That Jack Built
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?