Saturday 16 September 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Don Sasa and Ramon van Haaren.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Black & White by Three Dog Night.
In UK Mama Weer All Crazee Now by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching George.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1972!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1972 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Don Sasa: NFL defensive tackle (SD Chargers).
- Ramon van Haaren: Soccer player (RKC).
- Steve Russ: NFL linebacker (Denver Broncos - Super Bowl 32).
- Sprent Dabwido: Nauruan politician.
- Mark Bruener: NFL tight end (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Mike Doyle: American actor and producer
- Shalane McCall: Actor (Charlie Wade-Dallas)
- Alessandro Nunziati: Italian singer-songwriter and producer (Theatres des Vampires Lord Vampyr's Shadowsreign and Cain)
- James Westman: Canadian Operatic Baritone
- 1st TV series about mixed marriage-Bridgit Loves Bernie
- Penny Marshall appears on Bob Newhart Show in Fly Unfriendly Skies
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Black & White
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Chicago - Saturday In The Park
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 2)
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Elton John - Honky Cat
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?