Tuesday 16 September 1980
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Upside Down by Diana Ross.
In UK Feels Like I'm In Love by Kelly Marie was in the top 5 hits.
Ordinary People, directed by Robert Redford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Rage Of Angels by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1980!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1980 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Patrik Stefan: Czech hockey player.
- Ken Mizorogi: Japanese actor.
- Patrik Štefan: Czech ice hockey player.
- Kenny van Weeghel: Dutch wheelchair racer.
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines join the United Nations.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Irene Cara - Fame
- Johnny Lee - Lookin' For Love
- George Benson - Give Me The Night
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
- Eddie Rabbitt - Drivin' My Life Away
- Larry Graham - One In A Million You
- The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?