Wednesday 16 September 1981
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK Tainted Love by Soft Cell was in the top 5 hits.
The French Lieutenant's Woman, directed by Karel Reisz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Cujo by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1981!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1981 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- LaVerne Jones-Ferrette: Virgin Islander sprinter.
- Fan Bingbing: Movie Actress.
- Alexis Bledel: American actress (Gilmore Girls).
- 1st broadcast of Miami Vice on NBC-TV
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- Foreigner - Urgent
- Ronnie Milsap - (There's) No Gettin' Over Me
- Journey - Who's Crying Now
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Commodores - Lady (You Bring Me Up)
- Eddie Rabbitt - Step By Step
- Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?