Monday 16 September 1985
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Money For Nothing by Dire Straits.
In UK Dancing In The Street by David Bowie & Mick Jagger was in the top 5 hits.
After Hours, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1985!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1985 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
Famous Birthdays:16 September
- Apple Computer co-founder Steve Jobs resigns as chairman of Apple Computer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- Ready For The World - Oh Sheila
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
- Wham! - Freedom
- Phil Collins - Don't Lose My Number
- Madonna - Dress You Up
- Prince - Pop Life
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 September 1985 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?