Wednesday 16 September 1987
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Clement Ngwat-Mahop and Anthony Padilla.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Just Can't Stop Loving You by Michael Jackson.
In UK Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley was in the top 5 hits.
Hellraiser, directed by Clive Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Patriot Games by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Black Adder the Third.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Astonishing Adventures Of Mr Weems And The She Vampires or The Guild of Thieves.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1987.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1987!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1987 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Louis Clement Ngwat-Mahop: Cameroonian football player.
- Anthony Padilla: American comedian and co-founder of Smosh.
- Travis Wall: American dancer and dance instructor.
- Daren Kagasoff: American actor.
- Merve Boluğur: Turkish actress.
- Laura Dundovic: Australian actress and model
- Kyle Lafferty: Northern Irish Footballer
- Louis Ngwat-Mahop: Cameroonian footballer
- Burry Stander: South African cyclist (d. 2013)
- The Montreal Protocol is signed to protect the ozone layer from depletion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You
- Whitney Houston - Didn't We Almost Have It All
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
- ABC - When Smokey Sings
- Huey Lewis & The News - Doing It All For My Baby
- Dan Hill - Can't We Try
- Bananarama - I Heard A Rumour
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Lost In Emotion
- Grateful Dead - Touch Of Grey
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?