Wednesday 16 September 1992
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to End Of The Road by Boyz II Men.
In UK Ebeneezer Goode by The Shamen was in the top 5 hits.
The Mighty Ducks, directed by Stephen Herek, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Gerald'S Game by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1992.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1992!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1992 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Nick Jonas: American singer and guitar player (Jonas Brothers).
- Jess Plummer: Pop Singer.
- Jake Roche: Pop Singer.
- Nicholas Jonas: American singer/songwriter.
- Vytenis Čižauskas: Lithuanian basketball player.
- Les Miserables, opens at Nuevo Apolo, Madrid
- 900 die in flood in Pakistan
- FCC votes to allow competition for local phone service
- Vanna White suffers a miscarriage
- Black Wednesday: the Pound Sterling is forced out of the European Exchange Rate Mechanism by currency speculators and is forced to devalue against the German mark.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?