Monday 16 September 2002
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bella Robertson .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Dilemma by Nelly.
In UK The Tide Is High (Get The Feeling) by Atomic Kitten was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet Home Alabama, directed by Andy Tennant, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching History of Football: The Beautiful Game.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beyblade: Super Tournament Battle or Delta Force: Urban Warfare.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 2002!
Which were the important events of 16 September 2002 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- James Gregory: Bronx, New York -- Actor (My Favorite Martian, Barney Miller).
- U.S. plan to invade Iraq: Colin Powell meets with the U.N. Security Council to push for stronger resolutions against Iraq. In a surprise reversal, Iraq tells the UN it will allow weapons inspectors ampquotimmediately and without condition.ampquot
- Cryptography: A worrying theoretical cryptanalytic attack on the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) has been announced in a paper by Nicolas Courtois and Josef Pieprzyk entitled ampquotCryptanalysis of Block Ciphers with Overdefined Systems of Equationsampquot. This appears to show a surprising potential theoretical weakness in the AES algorithm.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?