Sunday 16 September 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, directed by Andrew Dominik, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while 74 Seaside Avenue by Debbie Macomber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 16 September 2007 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 September
- Robert Jordan: author of the Wheel of Time series (Born 1948).
- One-Two-GO Airlines Flight 269 carrying 128 crew and passengers crashes in Thailand killing 89 people.
- ''The Sopranos'' wins the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series in the Primetime Emmy Awards. (Sydney Morning Herald)
- O.J. Simpson is charged with six felonies in relation to an alleged armed robbery of sports memorabilia from a Las Vegas hotel room. (New York Times)
- A third case of foot and mouth disease is identified but not confirmed by United Kingdom government vets on a farm near Chertsey, Surrey. (Times Online)
- An Iraqi police colonel is gunned down in Afak, the third government official killed in that Iraqi town. (CNN)
- Michael B. Mukasey, a retired federal judge from New York, will be nominated to replace Alberto Gonzales as United States Attorney General and President Bush will announce his selection on Monday. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- Andrei Lugovoy, the former KGB agent accused by British authorities of murdering Alexander Litvinenko with a radioactive isotope in London last November, says he will run for parliament on the party list of the Liberal Democratic Party of Russia. (The Washington Post)
- Colin McRae and his son are confirmed dead in the helicopter crash in Scotland. (Sunday Times)
- The Election Commission of Pakistan amends Presidential Election Rules 1988 ahead of the elections so that Article 63 of the Constitution no longer applies to the President.
- The Iraqi parliamentary bloc controlled by militia leader Moqtada al-Sadr announces that it will abandon the party led by Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki. (LA Times)
- Chinese authorities recall tainted leukemia drugs blamed for leg pains and other problems. (FOX)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2007?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 September 2007 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?