Sunday 16 September 2012
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Whistle by Flo Rida.
Lawless, directed by John Hillcoat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 2012!
Which were the important events of 16 September 2012 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 September
- Syrian Civil War: Violence between government forces and rebels continues in several Syrian provinces. (Al Jazeera)
- Mexican Drug War
- Jaime Serrano Cedillo, a deputy of the State of Mexico, is assassinated he is the second politician of the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) to be killed in just two days. Eduardo Castro Luque was killed by unknown assailants on Friday night. (The Washington Post)
- The dismembered remains of 17 men are found at a farm near the border between Jalisco and Michoacán states. (The Washington Post)
- Militants attack an Egyptian security headquarters in the Sinai Peninsula, injuring several officers. Operation Sinai is extended ampquotuntil its goals are achievedampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- 2012 diplomatic missions attacks fallout
- President of Libya Mohamed el-Magariaf announces Libya has made at least 50 arrests in conjunction with the U.S. Consulate attack in Benghazi. (Jerusalem Post)
- The United States has ordered all non-essential staff to evacuate its embassies in Sudan and Tunisia and urges its citizens to avoid travelling to those countries. (Associated Press via ''The Guardian'')
- War in Afghanistan:
- Eight female civilians are killed in a NATO airstrike in the eastern Afghan province of Laghman NATO said the airstrike was attempting to target insurgents. (AFP)
- An Afghan policeman kills four US troops in southern Afghanistan. (Vancouver Sun)
- A roadside bombing carried out by Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) militants in the southern Turkish province of Bingöl kills at least eight police officers. (BBC)
- A roadside bomb detonates near Jandol, Lower Dir District, Pakistan, killing 14 and seriously wounding 7. (BBC)
- Super Typhoon Sanba reaches the Ryukyu Islands on its way to Korea. (''Times Online'')
- Four people are injured and 85,000 households lose power as Sanba moves across Okinawa and Kagoshima Prefectures. (Kyodo News via ''Mainichi Shimbun'')
- Senkaku Islands dispute:
- Anti-Japan protesters in China ransack Japanese businesses set fire to a Panasonic plant in Qingdao. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- The Egyptian Army now names Operation Eagle as Operation Sinai. (''The Daily News Egypt'')
- The Mayor of Chicago Rahm Emanuel seeks a court order to resolve a week long teachers strike. (AP via Yahoo News)
- Mei Xiang, the Washington, D.C. National Zoo's adult female giant panda, gives birth to a cub, her second there, via artificial insemination. (NBC News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?