Saturday 17 April 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Eagle's Nest, directed by Edwin Arden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1915!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1915 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Sirimavo Bandaranaike: A Sri Lankan politician and the world's first female head of government (d. 2000).
- Martin Clemens: Scottish guerilla fighter (d. 2009).
- Joe Foss: American politician, fighter pilot, Medal of Honor recipient and AFL Commissioner (Born 1915).
- Regina Ghazaryan: Armenian painter (d. 1999).
- Maria Vilanova de Arbenz: The First Lady of Guatemala from 1951-1954, as she was married to the Guatemalan President coronel Jacobo Árbenz Guzmán.
- Johannes P Kelly [Kellij] Dutch actor/operetta writer: dies at age 60.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Molancholy Baby - Walter Van Brunt
- The Little House Upon the Hill - James F. Harrison & James Reed
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?