Tuesday 17 April 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Cheerful Givers, directed by Paul Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1917!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1917 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Elias Lopez Soba: Puerto Rican musician and pianist, considered the second best native pianist of the twentieth century, after Jesus Maria Sanromá, and one of the most outstanding musicians of his country.
- Albertine Halvorson: American astrologer, a member of AFA as of June 1958.
- Pierre Monfrais: French Chairman and Managing Director of Heudron Dairy,1960-'77 and President of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Eure, 1968-'86 and Deputy of Eure 1978-'81.
- Bill Clements: American politician.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I - Ada Jones
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag (And Smile, Smile, Smile) - Knickerbocker Quartet
- Pray for Sunshine - Al Jolson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?