Friday 17 April 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joyce Buck and John Yates bishop (Lambeth.
The Wizard of Oz, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1925!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1925 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Joyce Buck: Actress / interior designer.
- John Yates bishop (Lambeth: England).
- Erich Gostl: German War Hero (d. 1990).
- Carlo Di Palma: Italian cinematographer, renowned for his work on both colour and black-and-white films, whose most famous collaborations were with Michelangelo Antonioni and Woody Allen.
- Arthur Larsen: American tennis player he won a Grand Slam in 1950 and was inducted into the International Hall of Fame in 1969.
- J Standish: American business, engineering admistrator and CEO of Albany International, a high tech materials manufacturer for aerospace and fabrics for the paper industry. Standish pursued interests in production, manufacturing, technical engineering and is a college graduate with a BS in Business and Engineering Administration from MIT in 1945. For leisure time away from the office, he enjoys duplicate bridge playing.
- Erich Göstl: Austrian-German SS officer (d. 1990)
- René Moawad: Lebanese lawyer and politician 13th President of Lebanon (d. 1989)
- New York Yankee Babe Ruth has ulcer surgery
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 April 1925
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- How Do You Do? - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- O! Katharina - Ted Lewis & His Band
- I'll See You in My Dreams - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Cliff Edwards - Fascinating Rhythm
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?