Friday 17 April 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Wizard of Oz, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1925!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1925 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Erich Göstl: Austrian-German SS officer (d. 1990).
- René Moawad: Lebanese lawyer and politician 13th President of Lebanon (d. 1989).
- J Standish: American business, engineering admistrator and CEO of Albany International, a high tech materials manufacturer for aerospace and fabrics for the paper industry.
- Joyce Buck: Actress / interior designer.
- Erich Gostl: German War Hero (d. 1990).
- John Yates bishop (Lambeth: England).
- Carlo Di Palma: Italian cinematographer, renowned for his work on both colour and black-and-white films, whose most famous collaborations were with Michelangelo Antonioni and Woody Allen.
- Arthur Larsen: American tennis player he won a Grand Slam in 1950 and was inducted into the International Hall of Fame in 1969. His career was cut short by a motor scooter accident in November 1956 which left him partially paralyzed and blind in one eye.
- New York Yankee Babe Ruth has ulcer surgery
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'll See You in My Dreams - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Cliff Edwards - Fascinating Rhythm
- How Do You Do? - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- O! Katharina - Ted Lewis & His Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 April 1925 and get them!