Monday 17 April 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Juarez, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1939 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Robert Miller: American art dealer (d. 2011).
- Claude Delacroix: Belgian radio entertainer.
- Robin Knox-Johnston: Yachtsman.
- Paul: French ecclesiastic, a Trappist monk.
- Henri Conze: French senior official, who served from 1993 to 1996 as head of the “General Directorate for Armament”, which is the French Government Defense procurement agency responsible for the program management, development and purchase of weapon systems for the French military.
- Stalin signs British-France-Russian anti-Nazi pact
- Joe Louis knocks out Jack Roper in one for heavyweight boxing title.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?