Wednesday 17 April 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1940 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Eric Dancer: English businessman and politician Lord Lieutenant of Devon.
- Billy Fury: English singer-songwriter and actor (d. 1983).
- John McCririck: English television horse racing pundit.
- Chuck Menville: American animator and screenwriter (d. 1992).
- Anja Silja: German soprano and actress.
- Claire Bretécher: French artist, a cartoonist and caricaturist whose work has appeared in French publications. She focuses on women and women's issues in her work. In 2001 French television showed her series "Agrippine."
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 April 1940 and get them!