Thursday 17 April 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Penny Serenade, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1941!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1941 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Adolphus Hailstork: Composer.
- Billy Fury: Liverpool, England -- Singer / guitarist (When Will You Say I Love You).
- Lagle Parek: Estonian architect and politician Estonian Minister of the Interior.
- Max Stafford-Clark: artistic director (Royal Court Theatre).
- Al Bowlly: Mozambican-English singer-songwriter (d. 1941).
- British troop land in Iraq / Yugoslavia; surrender to Nazis
- Office of Price Administration established (to handle rationing).
- World War II: The Kingdom of Yugoslavia surrenders to Germany.
- WWII: The Yugoslav Royal Army capitulates.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?