Tuesday 17 April 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
The Swan, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1956 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Faye Young: WBL forward (NY Stars, New Jersey Stars).
- Pillow [Therese Joan Bell]: California, United States -- Bodybuilder (Gold Classic 1983).
- Colin Tyre: Lord Tyre Scottish lawyer and judge.
- Kaye Young Cowher Women's Professional Basketball League forward (New York Stars: New Jersey Gems).
- Kominform disbands
- Willie Mosconi sinks 150 consecutive balls in a billiard tournament.
- Bulgaria premier Tchervenkov resigns.
- Premium Savings Bonds are introduced in Great Britain.
- Elizabeth II inaugurates Chew Valley Lake.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?