Thursday 17 April 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Tequila by The Champs.
In UK Whole Lotta Woman by Marvin Rainwater was in the top 5 hits.
Touch of Evil, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1958!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1958 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Champs - Tequila
- The McGuire Sisters - Sugartime
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Perry Como - Catch A Falling Star
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
- Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Breathless
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 April 1958 and get them!