Monday 17 April 1961
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include [Norman] Boomer Esiason in West Islip and Frank J Christensen.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Blue Moon by The Marcels.
In UK Wooden Heart by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
La Dolce Vita, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Last Of The Just by Andre Schwarz-Bart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Ernie Kovacs Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1961!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1961 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- [Norman] Boomer Esiason in West Islip: New York, USA; NFL quarterback (Cincinnati Bengals, New York Jets).
- Frank J Christensen: American labor leader.
- Boomer Esiason: American football player, a quarterback with the New York Jets.
- Yves Jégo: French politician, member (député) of the French National Assembly for the third constituency of Seine-et-Marne (Paris region) and Mayor of Montereau-Fault-Yonne (Seine-et-Marne).
- Frank Christensen: American union leader.
- Bella Freud: English fashion designer
- 33rd Academy Awards - Apartment, Burt Lancaster and Elizabeth Taylor win.
- Bay of Pigs Invasion: A group of CIA financed and trained Cuban refugees lands at the Bay of Pigs in Cuba with the aim of ousting Fidel Castro.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 April 1961
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Marcels - Blue Moon
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- Floyd Cramer - On The Rebound
- Clarence Frogman Henry - But I Do
- Jorgen Ingmann and His Guitar - Apache
- The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Kokomo - Asia Minor
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- Elvis Presley - Surrender
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?