Wednesday 17 April 1963
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to He's So Fine by The Chiffons.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Bye Bye Birdie, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1963!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1963 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
- Jackie Wilson - Baby Workout
- Paul & Paula - Young Lovers
- The Orlons - South Street
- The Cookies - Don't Say Nothin' Bad (About My Baby)
- Chantay's - Pipeline
- Dee Dee Sharp - Do The Bird
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?