Friday 17 April 1964
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maynard James Keenan and Ken Daneyko in Windsor.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Can't Buy Me Love by The Beatles.
The Life of Oharu, directed by Kenji Mizoguchi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rocambole.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1964!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1964 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Maynard James Keenan: American singer (Tool and A Perfect Circle).
- Ken Daneyko in Windsor: Ontario, Canada; NHL defenseman (New Jersey Devils).
- Raye Hollit: American Gladiator (Zap).
- Lela Rochon: American actress.
- Maynard Keenan: Metal Singer.
- Ken Daneyko: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster
- Bart Van den Bossche: Flemish singer and actor (d. 2013)
- Cafe Crown opens at Martin Beck Theater NYC for 3 performances
- High Spirits opens at Alvin Theater NYC for 375 performances
- 1st game at Shea Stadium, New York Mets lose to Pittsburgh Pirates, 4-3
- Ford Mustang formally introduced ($2368 base)
- The Ford Motor Company unveils the Ford Mustang at the New York World's Fair (US$2368 base price).
- Jerrie Mock becomes the first woman to circumnavigate the world by air.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 April 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- The Beatles - Twist And Shout
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret
- Betty Everett - The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)
- The Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Serendipity Singers - Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man)
- Jan & Dean - Dead Man's Curve
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?