Friday 17 April 1970
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Let It Be by The Beatles.
In UK Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
A Man Called Horse, directed by Elliot Silverstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1970!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1970 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Roberto Sosa: Mexican actor of television, theater and film.
- Tony Sacca: WLAF quarterback (Barcelona Dragons).
- Redman : American rapper.
- Tami Roman: Reality Star.
- Sergei U S Aleksi: Patriarch of Russian-Orthodox church, dies at 92.
- Apollo 13 limps back safely, Beech-built oxygen tank no help
- Apollo program: The ill-fated Apollo 13 spacecraft returns to Earth safely.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Badfinger - Come And Get It
- The Friends Of Distinction - Love Or Let Me Be Lonely
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- The Supremes - Up The Ladder To The Roof
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?