Monday 17 April 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Mark of the Devil, directed by Michael Armstrong, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1972!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1972 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Keith Lyle: safety (Saint Louis Rams).
- Gordon Laro: NFL tight end (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Benjamin Dodwell: Australian rower (Olympics-1996).
- Claire Sweeney: English actress.
- Jennifer Garner: American actress and film producer.
- Karim Tahir: French criminal, a violent bank robber known as "le roi de l’évasion" (The king of escape), who was sentenced to ten years imprisonment by the Rhone Court of Assizes in 2011.
- Ruffian : American thoroughbred racehorse (Born 1972)
- Gary Bennett: American baseball player
- Tony Boselli: NFL offensive tackle (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Muttiah Muralitharan: Sri Lankan cricketer
- Yuichi Nishimura: Japanese footballer and referee
- Terran Sandwith: Canadian ice hockey player
- Jarkko Wiss: Finnish footballer and manager
- 76th Boston Marathon won by Olavi Suomalainen of Finland in 2:15:39.
- Kiteman attempting to throw out first ball in Philadelphia Phillies' Veterans Stadium crashes into the centerfield seats.
- Revised Dutch constitution proclaimed.
- The first Boston Marathon in which women are officially allowed to compete.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- America - A Horse With No Name
- The Dramatics - In The Rain
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- Aretha Franklin - Day Dreaming
- Neil Young - Heart Of Gold
- Sonny & Cher - A Cowboys Work Is Never Done
- Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?