Tuesday 17 April 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ross Aloisi and Kenneth Carlsen.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree by Dawn.
In UK Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree by Dawn featuring Tony Orlando was in the top 5 hits.
High Plains Drifter, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pistruiatul.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1973!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1973 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Ross Aloisi: Australian soccer midfielder (Olyroos, Olympics - 1996).
- Kenneth Carlsen: in Denmark; tennis star.
- Brett Maher in Adelaide: South Australia, Australia; basketball guard (Olympics-1996).
- Gene Makowsky: Canadian Football League offensive linebacker (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Kaiho Ryoji: Japanese sumo wrestler.
- Livio Magnini: Italian fencer, guitarist and composer.
- Theo Ratliff: NBA forward / center (Detroit Pistons, Philadelphia 76ers)
- Kentarō Kobayashi: Japanese comedian actor director and illustrator
- Katrin Koov: Estonian architect
- Jeff Lewis: NFL quarterback (Denver Broncos - Super Bowl 32)
- Brett Maher: Australian basketball player and sportscaster
- Kaihō Ryōji: Japanese sumo wrestler
- 77th Boston Marathon won by Jon Anderson of Oregon in 2:16:03.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 April 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- Carpenters - Sing
- War - The Cisco Kid
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- The Sweet - Little Willy
- The Temptations - Masterpiece
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
- Donny Osmond - The Twelfth Of Never
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Dawn featuring Tony Orlando - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Gary Glitter - Hello Hello I'm Back Again
- I'm A Clown / Some Kind Of Summer - David Cassidy
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Tweedle Dee
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?