Saturday 17 April 1993
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Informer by Snow.
In UK Young At Heart by The Bluebells was in the top 5 hits.
Benny & Joon, directed by Jeremiah Chechik, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Client by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1993.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1993!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1993 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Turgut Ozal: 8th president of Turkey (Born 1927).
- Police officers found guilty of violating Rodney Kings civil rights
- STS-56 (Discovery) lands.
- Laurence Powell and Stacey Koon are found guilty in the second Rodney King trial.
- A 51-day stand-off at the Branch Davidian compound near Waco, Texas, ends with a fire that kills 76 people, including David Koresh.
- South Dakota governor George Mickelson and seven others are killed when a state-owned aircraft crashes near Dubuque, Iowa.
- In Washington, DC, the Holocaust Memorial Museum is dedicated.
- 18-year-old student Stephen Lawrence is stabbed to death in London, England the attack is believed to have been racially motivated.
- The World Health Organization declares tuberculosis a Global Emergency.
- Eritreans vote overwhelmingly for independence from Ethiopia in a United Nations-monitored referendum.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?