Wednesday 17 August 1904
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Asahi katsudô daishashin, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1904!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1904 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Tristan Sévère: French actor and playwright, also known as Raymond Destac, who was the companion of the actress Muse Dalbray with whom he wrote several essays and plays.
- Raymond Gitenet: France Actor.
- Louis Cattiaux: France Painter.
- Mary Cain: American newspaper editor and politician (d. 1984).
- Leopold Nowak: Austrian composer and musicologist (d. 1991).
- John Whitney: American heir who was the member of a prominent social family, inheriting great wealth. He made many theatrical investments, among them, "Gone With The Wind," which he owned and co-produced. A spectacular polo player, he was interested in sports and gambling.
- Russo-Japanese War: A Japanese infantry charge fails to take Port Arthur.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1904 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Good-Bye, My Lady Love - Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1904?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 August 1904 and get them!