Friday 17 August 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Manxman, directed by George Loane Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1917!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1917 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Eugene Reeb: France Military man.
- P Roger Peyrefitte: French writer (Singular Love).
- Safa Khulusi: Writer.
- Gianni Agus: Italy Actor.
- Italy declares war on Germany and Turkey
- One of English literature's important meetings takes place when Wilfred Owen introduces himself to Siegfried Sassoon at the Craiglockhart War Hospital in Edinburgh.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Till the Clouds Roll By - Vernon Dalhart
- Till the Clouds Roll By - Anna Wheaton & James Harrod
- All the World Will be Jealous of Me - Charles Harrison
- Oh, Johnny! Oh, Johnny! Oh! - Elizabeth Brice
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?