Wednesday 17 August 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Love Me Tonight, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1932!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1932 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Jacques Sempé: Bordeaux Cartoonists.
- Jean-Jacques Sempé: French cartoonist.
- Chet Allen in Chickasha: Oklahoma, USA; actor (Jerry - Bonino, Slats - Troubleshooter).
- Vidiadhar S Naipaul: Trinidad -- Novelist (Middle Passage).
- Pearson: American pianist and composer (d. 1980).
- V Naipaul: 2001 Nobel Prize-winning British writer known for his comic early novels set in Trinidad, his bleaker later novels of the wider world, and his autobiographical chronicles of life and travels. Naipaul has published more than 30 books, both of fiction and nonfiction, over some 50 years.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?