Sunday 17 August 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Little Foxes, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1941!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1941 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Ibrahim Babangida: President of Nigeria (1985- ).
- Boog Powell: baseball player (American League Most Valuable Player 1970).
- Jean Pierre Lefebvre: French Canadian film director.
- Sylvia De Swaan: Romanian-born Jewish visual artist and traveller; a photographer who has lived and worked in Mexico, Europe and the United States.
- Lothar Bisky: German businessman and politician (d. 2013).
- Jean Lefebvre: Canadian director and screenwriter
- German raider attacks Dutch SS Kota Nopan
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?