Tuesday 17 August 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Seventh Victim, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1943 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Robert De Niro in New York City actor (Bang the Drum Slowly: Taxi Driver).
- Sasha Fenton: British astrologer and prolific author of 24 books on mind, body and spirit subjects.
- Koos Postema: Editor-in-chief (Vrije Volk) / Dutch TV host.
- Yukio Kasaya: Japan -- 70m ski jumper (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Robert De Niro: American actor, director and businessman, the winner of two Oscar awards for Best Supporting Actor in "The Godfather, Part Two," 1974 and in 1980 as Best Actor in "Raging Bull.
- Boots Plata: Filipino actor director and screenwriter (d. 2011)
- Edward Cowie: English composer painter and author
- Ian McAllister: Scottish businessman
- John Humphrys: Welsh journalist and author
- : American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Koerner Ray & Glover) (d. 2002)
- Dave ''Snaker'' Ray: American musician (d. 2002)
- Gen Patton enters Messina, completing conquest of Sicily by Allies
- US 8th Air Force loses 60 B-17O at attack on Regensburg / Schweinfurt
- World War II: The U.S. Seventh Army under General George S. Patton arrives in Messina, Italy, followed several hours later by the British 8th Army under Field Marshal Bernard L. Montgomery, thus completing the Allied conquest of Sicily.
- The U.S. Eighth Air Force suffers the loss of 60 bombers on the Schweinfurt-Regensburg mission.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?