Friday 17 August 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1945 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- John Townley: American published astrologer, with books including "New Age Career Cycles" and "Uranus, Esoteric and Mundane.
- Yves Herbet: .
- Rachel Pollack: American author poet and educator.
- Indonesia (Dutch E Indies) declares independence from Netherlands
- Koreas divided on 38th parallel with US occupying the southern area
- Indonesian Declaration of Independence.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Good, Good, Good (That's You-That's You) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- On the Atchison, Topeka, and the Santa Fe - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?