Friday 17 August 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Hunt and Robert Joy.
St. Benny the Dip, directed by Edgar G. Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Kit Carson.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1951 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Richard Hunt: Puppeteer / actor (Muppet Movie), dies of AIDS at 40.
- Robert Joy: Montreal, Quebec -- Actor (Big Shots, Suicide Club).
- Alan Minter: England, United Kingdom -- Light-middleweight boxer (1972 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Elba Ramalho: Brazilian singer-songwriter and actress.
- 18th NFL Chicago All-Star Game: Cleveland 33, All-Stars 0 (92,180)
- Hurricane winds drive six ships ashore, at Kingston, Jamaica.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Gimme a Little Kiss, Will Ya, Huh? - April Stevens (Henri Rene Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?