Sunday 17 August 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Quiet Man, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1952 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Thomas J Hennen: Albany, Georgia -- Astronaut (STS 44).
- Kathryn C Thornton in Montgomery Alabama USA PhD/astronaut (STS 33 sk: 49).
- Dr Mario Theissen: German F1 team principal of BMW Sauber.
- Yann Gac: French dancer and actor.
- Nelson Piquet: Brazilian race car driver, Formula One World Champion in 1981 and in 1983.
- Guillermo Vilas: Argentinean tennis champion in the 1970s and 1980s.
- Aleksandr Maksimenkov: Russian footballer and coach (d. 2012)
- Mario Theissen: German engineer and businessman
- Fallout 1st used (NY Times)
- Betty Jameson wins LPGA World Golf Championship
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?