Friday 17 August 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Marshall Jones and Buddy Landel.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Breaking Up Is Hard To Do by Neil Sedaka.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Kid Galahad, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dr. Finlay's Casebook.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1962!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1962 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- John Marshall Jones: American actor.
- Buddy Landel: American professional wrestler.
- Gilby Clarke: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Guns N' Roses Rock Star Supernova and Candy).
- John Jones: American actor director and producer.
- Pierre Sanoussi-Bliss: German actor and director.
- Peter Fechter: East German defector (Born 1944).
- Beatles replaces Pete Best with Ringo Starr
- E German border guards shot and kill Peter Fechter, 18, attempting to cross Berlin Wall into western sector
- East German border guards kill 18-year-old Peter Fechter as he attempts to cross the Berlin Wall into West Berlin becoming one of the first victims of the wall.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?