Saturday 17 August 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carmen Berg and S Shankar.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Fingertips - Pt 2 by Little Stevie Wonder.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
A Ticklish Affair, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ready, Steady, Go!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1963 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Carmen Berg: Bismark, North Dakota -- Playmate (July, 1987).
- S Shankar: Indian film director.
- Jon Gruden: American football player coach and sportscaster.
- Shankar : Of Noted Bollywood Music Director Duo -Jaikishan (Born 1922).
- Richard Barthelmess: Actor (Heroes for Sales), dies of cancer at 68.
- Jim Hickman becomes the first New York Mets player to hit for the cycle.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- Kai Winding & Orchestra - More
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?