Saturday 17 August 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Fingertips - Pt 2 by Little Stevie Wonder.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
A Ticklish Affair, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1963 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Jon Gruden: American football player coach and sportscaster.
- Shankar : Of Noted Bollywood Music Director Duo -Jaikishan (Born 1922).
- Carmen Berg: Bismark, North Dakota -- Playmate (July, 1987).
- S Shankar: Indian film director.
- Richard Barthelmess: Actor (Heroes for Sales), dies of cancer at 68.
- Jim Hickman becomes the first New York Mets player to hit for the cycle.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Kai Winding & Orchestra - More
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 August 1963 and get them!