Monday 17 August 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Where Did Our Love Go by The Supremes.
In UK Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
A Hard Day's Night, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1964 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Colin James: Canadian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer.
- Maria McKee: American singer-songwriter (Lone Justice).
- Dave Penney: English footballer and manager.
- Pete McCutcheon: Boston, Massachusetts -- Canadian Tour golfer (1993 Quebec Open).
- Happy Felsch: American baseball player best known for his involvement in the Black Sox Scandal.
- Margaret Harshaw, Metropolitan Opera soprano, sings the role of Turandot in Puccini's opera ''Turandot'' at the New York World's Fair.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- Bobby Freeman - C'mon And Swim
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- The Ventures - Walk..Don't Run '64
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - How Do You Do It
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 August 1964 and get them!