Saturday 17 August 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to People Got To Be Free by The Rascals.
In UK Mony Mony by Tommy James & The Shondells was in the top 5 hits.
Hang 'Em High, directed by Ted Post, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1968!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1968 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Andrew Koenig: American actor and director (d. 2010).
- Andriy Kuzmenko: Ukrainian singer-songwriter and actor (Skryabin) (d. 2015).
- Ed McCaffrey: NFL wide reciever (Denver Broncos - Super Bowl 32).
- Helen McCrory: English actress.
- Vince Marrow: WLAF TE (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Dick Beyers (Dr X) beats Verne Gagne, to become NWA champ
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
- Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- The Vogues - Turn Around, Look At Me
- The Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?