Sunday 17 August 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ed Cunningham and Maria Strandlund.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans.
In UK Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Alice's Restaurant, directed by Arthur Penn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kapitän Harmsen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1969!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1969 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Ed Cunningham: NFL center (Arizona Cardinals).
- Maria Strandlund: Akersberga, Sweden -- Tennis star (1987 Futures NOR).
- Donald E Wahlberg Jr in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; rocker (New Kids - "Hangin' Tough").
- Kelvin Mercer: American rapper (De La Soul).
- Daniel Dratch: American screenwriter, primarily for TV; brother of Rachel Dratch, of Saturday Night Live.
- Christian Laettner: NBA forward / center (Atlanta Hawks, Olympics - Gold - 1992)
- Donnie Wahlberg: American musician who, along with Jon and Jordan Knight, McIntyre and Wood, was the a member of the group "The New Kids On The Block."
- Daniela Castro: Soap Opera Actress
- Wayne Mills: American singer-songwriter (d. 2013)
- 51st PGA Championship: Ray Floyd shoots a 276 at NCR Golf Club - Dayton, Ohio
- New York Jets beat the New York Giants 37-14 in their 1st meeting (pre season)
- Category 5 Hurricane Camille hits the Mississippi coast, killing 248 people and causing $1.5 billion in damage.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- Jackie DeShannon - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Kenny Rogers - Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town
- Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
- Andy Kim - Baby, I Love You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?