Tuesday 17 August 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to How Can You Mend A Broken Heart by Bee Gees.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Deep End, directed by Jerzy Skolimowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1971!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1971 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Gonzalo Inzunza: Mexican drug lord (d. 2013).
- Uhm Jung-hwa: South Korean singer and actress.
- Ed Motta: Brazilian singer and pianist.
- Jorge Posada: Puerto Rican baseball player.
- Shaun Rehn: Australian footballer and coach.
- Motta : Brazilian singer and composer, the top Brazilian "soul" singer. Motta is the nephew of Tim Maia, also a singer and songwriter of pop music.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
- Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
- Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Sweet Hitch-Hiker
- Chicago - Beginnings
- Three Dog Night - Liar
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 August 1971 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?