Friday 17 August 1973
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include A J Wood and Kerry Mock.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Touch Me In The Morning by Diana Ross.
In UK I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Enter the Dragon, directed by Robert Clouse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1973!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1973 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- A J Wood: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Soccer forward (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Kerry Mock: WLAF linebacker (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Paul Wiggins: Offensive linebacker (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Tim Forsyth: Australian high jumper (Olympic Bronze-92, 96).
- Mickaël Pagis: French retired football striker and currently a beach soccer player.
- Willie Mays hits 660th and last HR (off Don Gullett of Cincinnati)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Charlie Daniels - Uneasy Rider
- Chicago - Feelin' Stronger Every Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?