Saturday 17 August 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Night Chicago Died by Paper Lace.
In UK When Will I See You Again by The Three Degrees was in the top 5 hits.
The Longest Yard, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1974!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1974 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Marie Lomba: Belgium judo champion and winner of the Olympic Bronze Medal in the 56 kg.
- Giuliana Rancic: TV Show Host.
- Tony Hajjar: Lebanese-American drummer (At the Drive-In and Sparta).
- Tomomi Kahala: Japanese singer-songwriter and actress.
- Nicola Kraus: American novelist.
- Johannes Staud: Austrian composer
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
- Roberta Flack - Feel Like Makin' Love
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Dave Loggins - Please Come To Boston
- Chicago - Call On Me
- ABBA - Waterloo
- Jim Stafford - Wildwood Weed
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- Blue Magic - Sideshow
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?