Friday 17 August 1984
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr..
In UK Careless Whisper by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, directed by W.D. Richter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Lincoln by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1984!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1984 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Dee Brown: American basketball player.
- Oksana Domnina: Russian ice dancer.
- Garrett Wolfe: American football player.
- Holly Roffey: Youngest heart transplant, dies at 4 weeks.
- Pete Rose returns to Cincinnati Reds as player-manager (gets two hits).
- Peru recognizes the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
- Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
- Jacksons - State Of Shock
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Lionel Richie - Stuck On You
- Dan Hartman - I Can Dream About You
- John Waite - Missing You
- Elton John - Sad Songs (Say So Much)
- Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night
- Peabo Bryson - If Ever You're In My Arms Again
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?