Friday 17 December 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Tell It to the Marines, directed by George Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1926!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1926 ?
- Ray Jablonski: American baseball player (Born 1926).
- John Krebs: American lawyer and politician (d. 2014).
- Stephen Lewis: English actor director screenwriter and playwright (d. 2015).
- Jeremy Brooks: Writer.
- Patrice Wymore in Miltonville: Kansas, USA; actress (The Big Tree).
- Allan Cox: American geophysicist. His work on dating geomagnetic reversals, with Richard Doell and Brent Dalrymple, made a major contribution to the theory of plate tectonics. Allan Cox won numerous awards, including the prestigious Vetlesen Prize, and was the president of the American Geophysical Union.
- Patrice Wymore: American actress and noted spouse, she was married to actor Errol Flynn.
- W White: American electrical engineer, industrial management specialist and CEO of American Electric Power, a coal to electricity conversion power plants. White is a graduate of MIT with a BS in Electrical Engineering and an MS in Industrial Management. American Electric is noted for its front line fight in the battle for clean air.
- German Marx government falls due to cooperation with red army
- KYA-AM in San Francisco CA begins radio transmissions
- Lithuanian military state under General Augustine Woldemaras.
- Antanas Smetona assumes power in Lithuania as the 1926 coup d'etat is successful.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Can't Get Over a Girl Like You (Loving a Boy Like Me) - Billy Murray & Aileen Stanley
- When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?