Monday 17 December 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Gammie and Dwight Minton.
Forsaking All Others, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1934!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1934 ?
- Anthony Gammie: British production manufacturer and CEO in charge of Bowater, a paper company.
- Dwight Minton: American executive and CEO in charge of Church & Dwight, an Arm & Hammer products affliated company.
- Irving Petlin: American painter and academic.
- Ray Wilson: English footballer and manager.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 December 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1934 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Get a Kick Out of You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- With Every Breath I Take - Bing Crosby
- I've Got an Invitation to a Dance - Paul Pendarvis & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?