Thursday 17 December 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Camille, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1936 ?
- Francis : Religious Leader.
- Rosemary Martin: English actress (d. 1998).
- Frank Martinus Arion [F Efraim M]: Antilles, Netherlands -- Writer (Double Play).
- Jean-François Burgelin: French senior magistrate, a public prosecutor at the Court of Cassation, who died on 17 February 2007 in Versailles.
- Tommy Steele: British entertainer, one of Britain's first real rock 'n' roll idols in the mid-50s.
- Roland Sheldon: pitcher (New York Yankees).
- Jorge Bergoglio: Argentine cardinal
- Francis I: Pope Franciscus I., elected on 13 March 2013, former arch bishop of Buenos Aires, Argentina. He is the first non-European pope since 741.
- Ventriloquist Edgar Bergen and dummy Charlie McCarthy make their radio debut on Rudy Vallee's Royal Gelatin Hour.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When My Dream Boat Comes Home - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- I'm in a Dancing Mood - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 December 1936 and get them!