Thursday 17 December 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Camille, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1936 ?
- Frank Martinus Arion [F Efraim M]: Antilles, Netherlands -- Writer (Double Play).
- Roland Sheldon: pitcher (New York Yankees).
- Jorge Bergoglio: Argentine cardinal.
- Jean-François Burgelin: French senior magistrate, a public prosecutor at the Court of Cassation, who died on 17 February 2007 in Versailles.
- Francis I: Pope Franciscus I., elected on 13 March 2013, former arch bishop of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Tommy Steele: British entertainer, one of Britain's first real rock 'n' roll idols in the mid-50s. Starting initially as a merchant seaman, Steele was discovered in July 1956 and released his first hit that November. He topped the charts in January 1957 with "Singing the Blues." A sensation, his appearances created teenage hysteria.
- Francis : Religious Leader
- Rosemary Martin: English actress (d. 1998)
- Ventriloquist Edgar Bergen and dummy Charlie McCarthy make their radio debut on Rudy Vallee's Royal Gelatin Hour.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When My Dream Boat Comes Home - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- I'm in a Dancing Mood - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?