Wednesday 17 December 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gilbert Gress and André Lacrampe.
Johnny Eager, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1941 ?
- Gilbert Gress: Former French-Swiss football player for Strasbourg, well-known for having coached Stuttgart and Neuchâtel clubs.
- André Lacrampe: French Roman Catholic clergyman, an Archbishop of Besançon.
- Stan Mudenge: Zimbabwean historian and politician Zimbabwean Minister of Foreign Affairs (d. 2012).
- German submarine U-31 sunk
- German troops led by Edwin Rommel begin retreating in North Africa.
- Dutch and Australian troops lands on Portuguese-Timor.
- World War II: Japanese forces land in Northern Borneo.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?