Thursday 17 December 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Hill and Paul Butterfield in Chicago.
Random Harvest, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1942 ?
- Bernard Hill: Manchester -- Actor (Bellman & True, New World, Bounty).
- Paul Butterfield in Chicago: Illinois, USA; blues musician (Better Days).
- Jeffrey Wigand: American hero, a man who emerged from the button-down corporate world as a socially conscious protagonist in a story so dramatic that it became a winning motion picture, "The Insider," in which Russell Crowe played the role of Jeffrey Wigand.
- Muhammadu Buhari: Nigerian general and politician 7th Head of State of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Paul Butterfield: American singer/harmonica player, dies of drug abuse at age 44 (born 1942).
- Allies in London sentence German war criminals.
- The Allies issue the Joint Declaration by Members of the United Nations, the first time they publicly acknowledge the Holocaust.
- An avalanche in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania kills 26, including Vulcan Crucible Steel Co heir-apparent Samuel A. Stafford Sr., when two 100 ton boulders fall on a bus filled with wartime steel workers on their way home.
- An airplane carrying prominent Ustashe general Jure Francetić crashes. Francetić dies as result of the injuries on December 27.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?