Saturday 17 December 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Françoise Grenot-Wang and Sotiris Kaiafas.
Twelve O'Clock High, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching College of Musical Knowledge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1949!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1949 ?
- Françoise Grenot-Wang: French Sinologist who founded the 'Couleurs De Chine' charity which operates in south China to assist ethnic minority girls to attend school.
- Sotiris Kaiafas: Cypriot footballer.
- Paul Rodgers: English singer-songwriter and producer (Free Bad Company The Firm and The Law).
- David Stanley Smith: Composer, dies at 72.
- Regina closes at 46th St. Theater NYC after 86 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Yingle Bells - Yogi Yorgesson with The Johnny Duffy Trio
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?