Saturday 17 December 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Twelve O'Clock High, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1949!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1949 ?
- Sotiris Kaiafas: Cypriot footballer.
- Paul Rodgers: English singer-songwriter and producer (Free Bad Company The Firm and The Law).
- Françoise Grenot-Wang: French Sinologist who founded the 'Couleurs De Chine' charity which operates in south China to assist ethnic minority girls to attend school.
- David Stanley Smith: Composer, dies at 72.
- Regina closes at 46th St. Theater NYC after 86 performances
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Yingle Bells - Yogi Yorgesson with The Johnny Duffy Trio
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 December 1949 and get them!