Sunday 17 December 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Kim, directed by Victor Saville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Son Of A Hundred Kings by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1950!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1950 ?
- Carlton Barrett: Jamaican reggae drummer (Bob Marley and Wailers).
- Oscar Fabbiani: Argentine-Chilean professional footballer who played international football for the Chile national team.
- Laurence Johnson: American educator and author.
- Maurice Peoples: American sprinter and coach.
- Jeni Edgley: Australian entrepreneur and author, noted family.
- Michael Cashman: British actor who played the first multi-dimensional gay character on a soap, "The EastEnders," starting from August 1986 running thru February 1989. His coworkers on the TV series included John Altman, Letitia Dean, Leslie Grantham, Sophie Lawrence and Anna Wing.
- Laurence F Johnson: American educator
- The F-86 Sabre's first mission over Korea.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 December 1950 and get them!